A simple and easy recipe for a delicious, homemade raspberry mocktail!
What you need:
Raspberries - 150g
Sugar - 100g
Water - 100ml
Slice of lemon
1. Wash your raspberries and mint leaves thoroughly.
2. Add the raspberries, sugar and water to your pan and simmer on a medium heat for about 15 minutes. Mix occasionally.
3. Bring to the boil and add your lemon slice and mint leaves for extra flavour.
4. Simmer for a further 10 minutes and let the mixture cool down.
5. Once cool, run the mixture through a sieve before storing your raspberry syrup a jar or bottle.
6. Add your syrup to lemonade when you want to have a nice drink. The amount you add is entirely your choice. If you want the taste to be stronger, add more!
(Add mint leaves or extra raspberries as garnish in your drink)
Other uses for your raspberry syrup
- Pour mixture over pancakes or ice cream
- Add mixture to water for an alternative drink