Want to add a little more to your drink? Make some flower ice!
What you need:
- Edible flowers
- Ice cube tray
There are many ways you can create your flower ice. This is dependent on how you'd like your cubes to look. You will find two ways below:
1. Fill your tray up with water
2. Remove the pistils and stamen and wash the petals thoroughly, making sure that there are no insects in the flower
3. Add your flowers to each cube and freeze
4. Once frozen, add to your drink and enjoy!
1. Add approximately 0.5mm of water to each cube
2. Remove the pistils and stamen and wash the petals thoroughly, making sure that there are no insects in the flower. Place your flowers into the cubes.
3. Freeze for 30 minutes so that flowers get trapped in the ice
4. Fill each cube up completely and freeze again
5. Once frozen, add to your drink and enjoy!
Upgrade your flower ice:
- Instead of using water, use a drink or juice of your choice
- For clear ice cubes, use boiled water. Let it cool before pouring it into your cubes as you do not want the colour of the flowers to run
- Use different herbs such as mint or thyme to add extra flavour to your drinks
List of edible flowers:
- Scented geraniums
... and more! Look up more edible flowers online.
- Check before using any flower as many are poisonous!
- Consume ice cubes within two weeks